Sunday 26 July 2015

6 Week 20lbs Challenge

Well here I am, in a coffee shop, eating what is my last brie and bacon sandwich and lemon tart for at least six weeks.
"Why?" I hear you ask, "You're at your best when drinking caffeine and eating high calorie snack foods!" Well thank you for that vote of confidence (even if it was all imaginary and I'm effectively talking to myself here in a slightly worrying way) but I have decided enough is enough. Having lost a huge amount of weight five or six years ago I have been steadily putting it all back on since then. Just before going on holiday I decided to buy a few new shirts and shocked myself by just how many X's I had to have in front of the L to get ones that fit round my stomach. It might be good for holding like a bowl full of jelly while "Ho-ho-ho-ing" like Santa Claus but it's not great for fastening that last button on the shirt and maintaining any sort of self respect.

So I've decided to take action. A few friends at work have had really good results from taking part in Elite Physique Fitness' 6 week 20lbs challenge so I've decided to join them. As the name suggests its 6 weeks of pretty intense training and a strict diet with the aim of losing 20lbs in that time. So I intend, over the next few weeks, because I've always wanted to be open about things on my blog, that I'll keep you updated with my progress. I'm sure my emotions will be a bit up and down over the period but I'm sure that by the end of it I'll be feeling a lot better. Anyone who follows me on Facebook or Twitter I'm afraid you're going to see a lot of posts about it but you chose to follow me so it's your fault - so there - ha!

Elite Physique

No comments:

Post a Comment