Saturday 29 August 2015

So How's it Going?

I said I'd keep you informed about how my weight lost challenge went didn't I? But I haven't have I? Oops, oh well, that's what comes of being an occasional blogger. "How is it going though?", that's the question I'm sure none of you were thinking until you started reading this but it's right there on your lips now isn't it?


Wow I worded that last bit weirdly.

Anyway, its going well. There you go, the end.

Oh, you want more? What am I, a dancing monkey here for your amusement? A dancing monkey puppet where you pull the strings and I jump through your monkey puppet hoops? Why do you even have a monkey puppet you weirdo! Oh, okay then. So it is going well, 5 weeks in and I have lost 19lb. Its my 5th weigh in on Monday and I'm hoping to have lost enough to have broken through the 20lb target with a week to spare. Everything above that will be a bonus. I also feel and look thinner, I've had to stop wearing one pair of jeans because they got ludicrously too big and the pair I'm wearing right now are starting to go that way. I'm onto the last hole in my belt having been on the second one when I started and will soon be able to swap back to my "medium" size belt again hopefully. Strangely I don't feel any fitter properly, not like the last time I lost weight. I've noticed I can do more in the gym sessions at Elite, especially the things I literally couldn't do when I started like burpees (I'm still not great at them but at least I can do them now and keep going for a while) and I've noticed I can walk further, faster than before so obviously I am getting fitter but I'm just not feeling it in myself yet. The other thing I kind of want to say is that I just don't get this endorphin rush after exercising that everyone talks about, I just feel knackered. Am I physiologically and neurologically weird or is it a myth? I know I could look that up in, like, a second but I can't be bothered, I'm too knackered from all the exercise.

People keep asking me what I'm really looking forward to eating when I can go back to normal food. Earlier on in the program it was Chinese food that I was craving for some reason (although the pictures of pizza used in a certain training session at work almost killed me) but that has receded now. I honestly don't know what I want. I have been thinking of making a nice big home baked mince pie though. That would be good, although I'd want to eat it all, which would be bad.

I'm going to something called Kickboxercise tomorrow, whatever that is. I will let you know how that goes.

OK, so I'm the one with the monkey puppet.

There's no way I could get him to jump through a monkey puppet hoop though. He never listens to me.



4 comments:

  1. Excellent work bud, keep it up, can't wait to hear your week 5 weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a question for you - What are expecting the post exercise hit/endorphin rush to feel like? The reason I ask is i suspect its different for everyone. For me, I for a long time didnt care for exercise but then finding a team sport I like, I started to enjoy it, and then after exercise feel better. There isn't a high, I just feel better.

    As an example, Thursday is run about night, and often late in the week tired with work and the like and I think meh cant be arsed, but I go run about and when done, go to the bar pint of diet, and I always feel energised, more alive, more awake....

    I think we've both had parallel gym sessions of oh my god I am going to die, but you make it through and recover. Its hard, and for me, the best I can give is if i don't go I miss it, and i almost get frustrated when the body (knee) lets me down. The current stinking cold is going to slow me down too!.

    Re fitness, all the signs are there, perhaps the missing part is the bench mark? As you know at the start of each of the gym 6 weeks we fitness and then repeat in week 6 so you can see/compare what goes on. You do though sum it up nicely with "walk further,faster, longer..."

    THe jean size one is nice, and have you had underwear falling down yet? thats interesting!

    One last thing Dave, I've talked to you through this, and indeed, I shall be honest to say you've motivated me to pull my finger out and to chase down your efforts in my next six week sessions.... I may even have a target.... but that depends upon what you achieve. BUt lets get an excuse in first... I've got a stinking cold and its slowing me down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't know what I'm expecting as I've never had it. I don't get any of the stuff you describe or a high of any kind. As with all things in life I expect it is different for different people. Oh, and I never knew I was such an inspiration ;-)

      Delete
  3. Re kickboxercise.... you too can look as iffy as me.... either kicking or punching a lady.... https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/11013169_1069743833036662_7986003882214160683_n.jpg?oh=ac80285cb28b3afe4c60defd2b9e0b28&oe=567A7766

    ReplyDelete